11:01AM November 06, 2019
Michael and Allonah, you are both in the Humboldt/Gibson zone. There are several steps that will still need to happen before you are connected. To give you an idea, we have begun main fiber line construction and service drops in your zone. We also have begun splicing in the southern parts of the Humboldt/Gibson Zone, and we will continue moving northward. Other work in the “Steps to Buildout” (below) also will be completed as resources become available.
1. We begin with contractors doing the engineering design.
2. Once the design is completed, the contractor builds the primary fiber lines along our primary electric lines.
3. Next, the contractor will begin the splicing process to direct the primary fiber communication path back to the substation.
4. During this time, service drops from the street/road to the home will be constructed. (If your electric service is overhead, your fiber service also will be overhead. If your electric service is underground, your fiber service also will be underground.)
5. The contractor or a Gibson Connect employee will then perform additional splicing to direct the fiber communication path to the home, attach a network interface device (NID) to the home and test it to ensure the fiber is ready for installation.
6. Once it tests ready, we will call you to schedule your in-home installation.
Thank you both for your interest.