Enter your address

Comments

User Avatar

12:31AM November 02, 2021

darius Armstrong
I was told that they are working on internet services for bells any confirmation.

8:59AM November 02, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Darius. Yes, I can confirm that our crews have begun work constructing the Bells zone. This was a change from the original build date that we had anticipated for spring of 2022; however, we do have crews in the area so you will see trucks working throughout. As of now, we anticipate the Bells zone to be largely completed by next spring, so it will be a little while before connections begin. We appreciate your continued support of Gibson Connect!

2:52PM November 01, 2021

Tony Griffith
Any update on 617 Homestead Dr Troy?

7:17PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
Tony, Don't you feel good about that deposit you put down now?

9:02AM November 02, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Tony. Your address is now a part of the Hop-In/Rives zone. When the zones were originally determined, you were in the Troy zone; however, after receiving grant funding to help us build out parts of the Hop-In/Rives area, there were locations from the original Troy zone that were moved into that. I do see that your service drop has been completed, but the fiber has not yet been spliced. We have crews working throughout the area splicing fiber, so that will happen, shortly. As of right now, we are on track to have the this area mostly completed by our target date of late winter 2022. Connections will begin prior to that, but we don't have an exact timeframe on when yours will be ready at this time. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect, and look forward to serving you, soon!

7:56AM October 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
I know you say I'm in Rives/Hop-In, but the site says Troy. Your Zone: Troy Also, they just marked the gas line in my yard to run fiber to my house this week. Can I get an update on when this will be available?

9:25PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
So I'm just in the dark because you changed your mind? I can literally see houses with your service from my front yard. All of those houses already had high speed internet. So where is this Rural Grant money going?

8:53AM November 02, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Josh. I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. Yes, you are a part of the Hop-In/Rives buildout. When the zones were originally determined, you were in the Troy zone; however, after receiving grant funding to help us build out parts of the Hop-In/Rives area, there were locations from the original Troy zone that were moved into that. It was going to be more economically feasible for us to build it that way, and help hold costs down. As far as your home, I do see that the service drop is under construction, meaning they are working on running the fiber from the pole to your home. We also have crews working throughout the area splicing fiber, so that will follow, shortly. As of right now, we are on track to have the this area mostly completed by our target date of late winter 2022. Connections will begin prior to that, but we don't have an exact timeframe on when yours will be ready at this time. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect, and look forward to serving you, soon!

4:37PM October 27, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Stephen. I have spoken with our Manager of Outside Plant regarding your installation. It will be easier to update you via phone instead of trying to explain here. If you will give us a call at 731.562.6003 and ask for Sarah Williams, I will be glad to share with you what we have been told. Thank you for your continued support of Gibson Connect!

1:58PM October 11, 2021

Destiny Cunningham
Could you please give me an update for the Fulton area?

4:51PM October 11, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Destiny. We are applying for the 2021 Kentucky Broadband Deployment Fund Grant. We are actively working on the application and look forward to when we can begin the buildout in Kentucky. We are sorry for the delay. We know you need high-speed internet access as soon as possible, but we also want to do the buildout as economically as we can. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding, and will communicate more once we have an update on the grant process. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

10:01AM October 10, 2021

Robin Hild
I have a fiber cable pulled from the pole to the house but no j-box yet. Can you tell me when the splicing crew will be in the area to complete their connections? Hoping to be up and running by Thanksgiving. Things are happening in my area and our curiosity is maddening. 8)

7:20PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
Robin, It's pretty obvious that they care more about setting up cities that already have internet than they do about the people that were happy to pay a deposit to finally get internet. Welcome to bureaucracy.

1:23PM October 11, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Robin. We are hopeful that splicing will begin in the Hop-In/Rives area within the next couple of weeks, but it will still be several more weeks before connections are ready to begin. Our projection for having the majority of this area connected is late winter 2022; it could be earlier than that, but as of now that is the best timeframe we can provide. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect, and look forward to serving you!

3:33PM October 06, 2021

Jennifer Grissom
What is going on in the Hickman area? it says 60 more signups needed. What percentage of actual residents is that?

5:20PM October 06, 2021

Rita Alexander
We need for all of our zones to reach their participation goals, Jennifer, but we will ultimately provide access to all of our member-owners. We are actively engaged in the Kentucky broadband grant application process. Obtaining grant dollars to reduce the net cost to build our fiber network is very important as we work to keep our service cost low. We are sorry for the delay and we look forward to serving you.

8:20PM October 05, 2021

David Hendrix
Can I get an update on the Sublett Rd Union City TN area Please.

4:48PM October 11, 2021

Sarah Williams
David. Please give me a call at 731.562.6003 so that I can provide you an update for your location. Thank you!

9:28PM October 10, 2021

David Hendrix
So, Am I part of the Troy zone or the Hop In grant zone? I’m confused. I’ve been told that it would be several weeks and that I would be spring of ‘22. I’ve also seen answers to comments that says winter ‘22 for people in my area. I had a guy call me and wanted to know if they could run the wire to my house. I told them we were having some work done and would have trucks in an out that particular week. He told me they would come back the next week and run the line to my house. I called the guy and told him everything was good and they could run the line. Never hear back and that was the first week of September.

9:22AM October 06, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, David. Your address is a part of the Troy zone, which we anticipate will be completed by spring 2022. Currently, the Troy zone is under construction. There are several variables that could impact our projections such as materials availability, weather, and contractor staffing. Please continue to be patient with us as we work to bring this service to all of our eligible members. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

7:08PM October 05, 2021

Mack P
Just wondering about the Fulton, KY zone. Back in June it was stated to make it more economical for the delay. I was wondering was that to make it cheaper or to keep it from being more expense? Because way back it was stated when you reached you goal you would be next in line after others whom reached their goal was completed. If the price was going to be the same regardless why was it stopped in Kentucky ? IF we had reached out goal 3 years ago would we not already have service our would it have been shut off??? VERY FRUSTRATED SUPPORTER OF GIBSON CONNECT!!!!!!!

2:25PM October 06, 2021

Rita Alexander
Hi, Mack. I am very sorry for the delay. High speed broadband is important to our rural service area; and while the delay is frustrating to us all, obtaining the grant dollars to reduce the net cost to build the fiber network is also important as we work to keep our service cost low. Keeping the cost as low as possible is why we have applied for grant dollars whenever and wherever they have been available. We sincerely appreciate your patience and support and we look forward to serving you.

2:03PM September 29, 2021

Sarah Williams
Stephen, we are actively working in the area, but there are still steps to be completed before connections are ready. I see that your service drop has been placed, but the fiber has not yet been spliced. Once we receive word from our contractors that your home has light, our team will call you to schedule your installation. We understand that you need high-speed internet service, and we ask that you continue to be patient as we work to provide it. Thank you for your continued support of Gibson Connect!

7:47PM September 28, 2021

Heather Emison
Any idea in bells cypress church will have this. 2312! Just ETA?

8:36AM September 29, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Heather. Construction for the Bells zone has not yet begun. At this time, we are anticipating it to begin next spring, and for connections to be mostly completed by the fall. There are several variables that could impact this timeline such as weather, contractor staffing and materials availability. We will continue to communicate updates to our members through emails and on our social media pages. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

8:31PM September 23, 2021

Logan Holland
When can we expect to have internet in the Newbern area?

8:33AM September 24, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Logan. We have just started connections in the Newbern area, so your home could be ready. I do see a registration for you in the system, but when I look at the service order to be connected for that address is has a different name than yours on it. If you would give me a call at 731.562.1615 I will clarify with you the correct address and give you an update!

10:16PM September 22, 2021

Jimmy Sturgis
Any updates on the South Fulton area?

9:25AM September 23, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Jimmy. As of now, our best projections for the South Fulton zone to begin construction is next summer. There are several variables that could impact this timeline such as contractor staffing, materials availability, and weather. We will continue to update members via email and on our social media pages. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

4:50PM September 22, 2021

Nick Schultz
I just recently moved to 309 hopper street in Rutherford and was wondering when I can expect to get connected!!

9:19AM September 23, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Nick. It appears that your registration was completed a couple of days ago, so it will be about 2-4 weeks for construction to be completed and your connection to be ready. Once the location has light, our team will give you a call to schedule your in-home installation. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

10:43PM September 21, 2021

Otis Duck
They have installed the lines running to the poles and currently have them hanging there. What are the next steps until being internet ready?

12:04PM September 22, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Otis. There are several steps that will have to be completed before being internet ready. This includes constructing the main line, putting a service drop to the home, placing a NID (small gray box) to make a connection, splicing the fiber at your home, and then testing the light. Once we have received word that the home is ready to be connected, our team will reach out to you and schedule it at your convenience. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

8:38AM September 21, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Darius. We apologize for the delay in responding. At this time, we are anticipating construction in the Bells zone to begin next spring, and for connections to be mostly completed by the fall. There are several variables that could impact this timeline such as weather, contractor staffing and materials availability. We will continue to communicate updates to our members through emails and on our social media pages. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

11:21AM September 16, 2021

MAX DASHNAW
I just wanted to tell you I have the internet for awhile paying 69.95 and recently added a home phone. So We just need to add the cable. I would like to know how long will it take. 528 Cumberland St. Medina, TN 38355 Billie Dashnaw billiedashnaw@gmail.com

4:38PM September 16, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hello, Max. I have contacted our Gibson Connect Tech Support team and they will be contacting you via your email for more information on our TV services. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

10:42AM September 16, 2021

Tony Griffith
Any update on 617 Homestead Dr Troy Tn?

4:54PM September 16, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Tony. A member from our Gibson Connect team should be giving you a call soon. We are sorry for the delay! We appreciate your patience and support of Gibson Connect!

8:25PM September 15, 2021

Donny Bearden
Can you please provide an estimate as to when we will have service available at our address? Thank you

7:25PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
Hey Donny, Your in the area of the world that Gibson doesn't really care about. If recommend just moving into a city. They love people in city limits. That's where they spend all the grant money they get for hooking up internet to "RURAL" TN. You know. The places that already have service. Thanks, Gibson

8:29AM September 16, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Donny. Your address appears to be a part of the Hop-In/Rives construction that is taking place. Currently, our best estimation is to have the area completed by late winter 2022. We do not yet have a specific timeframe for individual connections as there are several variables that could impact our estimates such as weather, contractor staffing, and material availability. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

11:40AM September 14, 2021

DeAnna Bell
We had a crew out a few ago that ran wires to our house and a second crew came by hanging wires on the poles along our road. Just wondering when we will be connected as we have wires hanging around our back door area. Thanks,

2:52PM September 14, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, DeAnna. The service drop has been completed, but the fiber will still have to be spliced before it is ready for connection. We are anticipating to have the Hop-In/Rives area completed by late winter 2022, but there are several variables that could impact that timeline. We appreciate your patience and support of Gibson Connect!

12:49PM September 12, 2021

Otis Duck
When will I see construction on my road?

2:38PM September 13, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Otis. Your address is a part of the Troy zone, which we anticipate will be completed by spring 2022. Some of the Troy zone is under construction, currently, and the remainder of the zone will see construction beginning within a few weeks. There are several variables that could impact our projections such as materials availability, weather, and contractor staffing. Please continue to be patient with us as we work to bring this service to all of our eligible members. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

8:02AM September 07, 2021

Bill Dycus
Have you started connecting homes in the Newbern zone yet and, if so, when did you start? Just trying to get a feel for how things are progressing. Thanks.

11:01AM September 07, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Bill. We are going to connect our members in the Newbern zone starting next week. We hope to have everyone connected in the next couple of months. However, please keep in mind that there are variables that could always impact the progress of our estimates, such as weather, contractor staffing, and materials availability. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect!

12:12PM September 03, 2021

David Williamson
I live at 4077 Turner Road, Rives TN. A couple of weeks ago a crew was at my home putting up cables and yesterday a man came out and marked the underground power line. When should I expect to have service? David Williamson

3:49PM September 07, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, David. Your address appears to be a part of the Hop-In/Rives construction that is taking place. Currently, our best estimation is to have the area completed by late winter 2022. Please keep in mind, there are several variables that could impact our estimates such as weather, contractor staffing, and material availability. We appreciate your patience and support of Gibson Connect!

5:46PM August 31, 2021

Antonio Rodriguez
when will my area be completed?

8:50AM September 01, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Antonio. Your address is a part of the Troy zone, which we anticipate will be completed by spring 2022. Some of the Troy zone is under construction, currently, and the remainder of the zone will see construction beginning within a few weeks. There are several variables that could impact our projections such as materials availability, weather, and contractor staffing. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

4:51PM August 31, 2021

Darryl McNeal
I am on Hwy 45 W and have wires hung at my home. That's about 3 miles south of Rives. I am wondering when I would be connected and can choose my package.

8:41AM September 01, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Darryl. I do not see a registration under your name, so it may be under something else. If you would like to call us at 731.562.6003 and ask to speak with me, Sarah Williams, I will get your home address and be able to give you a better estimate on your connection. Thank you for you support of Gibson Connect!