Enter your address

Comments

User Avatar

1:58PM August 30, 2021

Mallory Allen
I am just outside Union City in the Troy area on Beech Chapel Rd. Any updates on when we can expect construction to begin?

4:58PM August 30, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Mallory. Part of the original Troy zone is now included with the Hop-In grant area that is at the beginning stages of construction; and we are still on track for the remainder of the Troy zone to begin construction in a few weeks, around the beginning of October. There are variables that could always impact the progress of our estimates, such as weather, contractor staffing and materials availability. We will continue to keep members updated throughout the process via email and social media. Please be patient with us as we continue working to provide this service to all of our eligible members. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

10:40PM August 26, 2021

Bill Dycus
What is included in the 250 mbps plan......meaning, is the modem included in that $49.99 price? If not, what is the monthly rental fee? Can I purchase my own modem as I have in the past with Spectrum? Are there any minimum requirements when purchasing a new modem for use on your system? Just trying to be prepared when installation happens. And while I'm at it, I might ask like everyone else.........how about an update on my installation? Thanks.

8:32AM August 27, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Bill. Yes, the modem is included in the $49.95 monthly price. You can purchase your own device, however, we do recommend you using the one provided by us. The primary reasoning for that is so if your device has an issue, our team can go in and see what is going on; with a personal modem, we can only see part of the device and can't always solve an issue that may arise if we can't find it. I would be happy to get one of our team members to reach out to you to explain more about that if you wish. Regarding your installation, I see that your service drop has been run, but that the fiber still has to be spliced before the connection will be ready. Connections are expected to start within the next week or two, so it should not be much longer. Thank you for your continued support of Gibson Connect!

9:20PM August 24, 2021

Danny Brooks
Can I get an update for brooks road in rives Tennessee

9:15AM August 25, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Danny. Your address appears to be a part of the Hop-In/Rives construction that is taking place. Currently, our best estimation is to have the area completed by late winter 2022. Please keep in mind, there are several variables that could impact our estimates such as weather, material availability, and contractor staffing. We appreciate your patience and support of Gibson Connect!

3:13PM August 24, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hello, Stephen! We are currently working in your area. Our best estimation for you to be connected would be about a month from now. There are several variables that could impact our estimation such as the pandemic, weather, material availability, and contractor staffing. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect!

8:42PM August 22, 2021

Tony Griffith
Got lines ran to my house in troy wondering if anyone knew how long it would take after that to get connected

8:26AM August 23, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Tony. It will be a few more weeks before we are ready to connect your home. There are still steps that will have to be completed including the fiber being spliced both at the main line and at your home, placing a NID (small gray box) to make connection and then testing the light. Once we have received word that the home is ready to be connected, our team will reach out to you and schedule it at your convenience. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you, soon!

1:38PM August 19, 2021

daniell welch
I have notice they are out here on Enochs road in newbern. So when do we expect to get connected out here

5:28PM August 20, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Daniel. We are finishing some remaining work in the substation for the fiber to be ready for connection. At this time, we anticipate connections to begin in the Newbern zone by the end of August. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you, soon!

4:57PM August 18, 2021

Tony Griffith
They came yesterday an ran wires from the pole to my house in Troy! The guy said it maybe couple weeks before I'm hooked up

10:40PM August 17, 2021

Eli McClanahan
I'm in the Kentucky rollout area, which has been put on hold due to our state's laxness in following through on legislation. I was curious if this news report indicated Gibson was now able to apply for ARPA funding? Link: https://www.kaco.org/articles/rfp-issued-by-state-to-access-funding-for-broadband/ There are multiple Kentucky programs now that have supposed funding vectors for broadband, so I'm uncertain which of these Gibson is waiting for in regards to the Fulton-Hickman area rollout.

6:07PM August 18, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Mr. McClanahan. We are applying for the 2021 Kentucky Broadband Deployment Fund Grant. The application period just opened on August 11 and the submission deadline is October 25, 2021. We are actively working on the application and look forward to when we can begin the buildout in Kentucky. We are sorry for the delay. We know you need high-speed internet access as soon as possible, but we also want to do the buildout as economically as we can. This is why we’ve applied for all available grant funding in Tennessee and why we’re applying for available grant funding in Kentucky. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

2:35PM August 16, 2021

David Hendrix
When will they start hook ups for Sublett Rd? I should be in the Troy zone. I have noticed you have said other people that are near my residence are in the Rives/HopIn zone. The zone map is showing different.

4:41PM August 16, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hey David. There are some roads around the Hop-In area that we will be building along with the area that was awarded grant funding. It does appear that Sublett Rd. is set to be included in this construction, however, I do not see your name specifically registered on that road. We are just in the beginning stages of work in the Hop-In area, so connections are still several weeks out. If you would like to call us at 731.562.6003 and ask to speak with me, Sarah Williams, I will be happy to provide you a better update once I know your specific address. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

11:50AM August 14, 2021

George Rutledge
I was connected last Monday, we are pleased so far, But When I want to sign up to have my bill charges to credit card just as I do my electoral bill, I am hitting roadblocks, the everyone I,ve talked to says go to web site and set it up, and I have tried that on your non-user friendly site. I need someone to tell me how to use site. Thanks

8:20AM August 16, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, George. I apologize for the trouble you have experienced in setting up your card draft. There are a couple of different ways you can do it, and I will be glad to assist you with that. Please give us a call at 731.562.6003 and ask to speak with Sarah Williams. Thank you for being a Gibson Connect subscriber!

10:16PM August 10, 2021

jeanie weldon
Are there any updates for Newbern ?

4:22PM August 11, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Jeanie. We are finishing some remaining work in the substation for the fiber to be ready for connection. At this time, we anticipate connections to begin in the Newbern zone by the end of August. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you, soon!

6:33PM August 03, 2021

Destiny Cunningham
Hey I was wondering if yall have any updates for the Fulton area?

10:57AM August 10, 2021

Sarah Williams
Destiny, I have gotten an update on where we are with the Kentucky build. We're still in a holding pattern while Kentucky continues to prepare to launch the grant application. We are hopeful to have our documents submitted next month, or as soon as the state of Kentucky begins accepting them. We're sorry for the temporary delay, but we are thankful for the grant opportunity. It can help us get high-speed internet access for our members in a much more affordable way. We appreciate your patience and support!

3:41PM August 06, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Destiny. I apologize for the delay in responding. I have reached out for an update from our team regarding the Kentucky zones and where we are in applying for grants. As soon as I have the updates on where we are, I will be happy to communicate those with you. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

6:52PM July 30, 2021

Brady Wills
I was just wondering how much longer before East Hwy. 21, Troy area will be connected? I have noticed some workers in the area this week.

10:54AM August 02, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Brady. Your address appears to be a part of the Hop-In/Rives construction that is taking place. We are in the early stages of construction, but you will see activity picking up in the coming weeks. As of now, our best estimate is to have the area completed by late winter 2022. Of course, connections will begin prior to that, but we do not have an exact timeline for the area. There are several variables that could impact the estimates we have such as weather, material availability and contractor staffing. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect. We look forward to serving you, soon!

10:07AM July 29, 2021

Josh Sanders
You just put lines up on Wiley Neely Road in Troy. When can we expect service for internet?

8:18AM August 03, 2021

Sarah Williams
Josh, you are the only Josh Sanders that we have registered on Wiley Neely Rd., and it is indeed a part of the Hop-In/Rives construction. As I mentioned earlier, we are just now starting construction and we estimate to have the area completed by late winter 2022. That is the best estimate that we have as of now, but we will continue to update members as new information is available.

5:58PM August 02, 2021

Josh Sanders
I believe I'm in the Troy zone. Can you double check and get me an eta?

1:55PM July 30, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Josh. This area is a part of the Hop-In/Rives construction that is taking place. We are in the early stages of construction, but you will see activity picking up in the coming weeks. As of now, our best estimate is to have the area completed by late winter 2022. Of course, connections will begin prior to that, but we do not have an exact timeline for the area. There are several variables that could impact the estimates we have such as weather, material availability and contractor staffing. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect. We look forward to serving you, soon!

10:52AM July 27, 2021

Kim Baker
My area on Alphin Rd in Kenton is "under construction". I was just wondering if you had a timeframe of when I would be connected?

2:03PM July 28, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Kim. It looks like your registration was just completed last week, so it will be about 3 weeks before your service is ready. We are still in the area finishing up, so crews will be coming back through to place your service drop and splice the fiber, and get it ready for connection. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect, and look forward to serving you, soon!

4:20PM July 24, 2021

ASHLEY PAYNE
Hey is there anyway I can get an update on a timeframe of when I will be connected? Thanks!

8:47AM August 22, 2021

ASHLEY PAYNE
Good Morning Sarah, about three weeks ago I had a crew come out and run the cables from the pole to my house so I was wondering what's next and if you had a better time frame of when I will be connected?

8:47AM August 22, 2021

ASHLEY PAYNE

9:09AM July 26, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Ashley. We are anticipating the Troy zone to be under construction by the beginning of September. There are variables that could impact this timeline such as weather, contractor staffing, and materials availability; but, as of now, we expect it to be underway by fall and connections to begin a few weeks following. We do not yet have exact estimations for individual homes, but we will be happy to give you a more precise time for your address once we have started work in the area. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect. We look forward to serving you!

3:13PM July 15, 2021

Cameron Luckett
Any time frame on the Alamo zone?

8:32AM July 16, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Cameron. We are currently constructing some parts of the Alamo zone, but unfortunately it will be a little longer before we make it to your address. I do not have a specific timeline that I can give you, but we will update members via email and on our social media pages as we have news to share. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

6:59AM July 14, 2021

Jo Cichello
Any idea on timing for Emily Ln in Bells?

12:31PM July 14, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Jo. Our best estimate for the Bells zone at this time is to begin construction next spring, with connections being completed by the fall. There are several variables that could impact this timeline such as weather, contractor staffing and materials availability. We will continue to communicate updates to our members through emails and on our social media pages. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect!

9:56AM July 09, 2021

Tommy Emison
Would like update on 88 Pigue Rd Bells . Thanks Tommy

1:27PM July 09, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Tommy. It appears that your service drop has not yet been completed, but crews are in this area working on that and splicing, too. I do not have an exact timeframe for your connection, but it should not be much longer; hopefully just a few weeks and you will be ready for installation. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

10:17AM July 06, 2021

Jimmy Sturgis
Are there any updates on the South Fultom zone?

9:40AM July 07, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hello, Jimmy! Our best estimation for us to begin construction in the South Fulton zone is the summer of 2022. Please understand, however, that there are many variables that can impact the progress of our work or cause delays. Be on the lookout for our emails, our magazine, and our social media for the latest Gibson Connect updates. We appreciate your patience and your support for Gibson Connect!

4:32PM July 05, 2021

Stephen Livingston
are we there yet?, are we there yet?, are we there yet? asking for a teenager.

10:29AM July 07, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Stephen! After reviewing your account, it shows that the fiber at your home has not been spliced yet. Our best estimation for you to be connected would by the end of this summer. Please understand, however, that there are many variables that can impact the progress of our work or cause delays. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

5:53PM July 02, 2021

Jennifer Campbell
We already have a box and our lines ran for service but no one has came to get us connected as of yet. We live at 301 Templeton Road Newbern Tn. Could you please provide a timeline on when we can get connected. Thanks so much !!

12:47PM July 07, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Jennifer. We do have several crews working throughout the Newbern zone, however it will be a little longer before connections are ready to begin. We still have some construction to complete at the substation before connections are ready to begin. While we do not have a timeframe on this completion, it will most likely be a few more weeks due to material delays. However, we are still on track to have the registered members connected by the end of the year, or sooner, as we stated in our update earlier this year. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you, soon!

3:49PM June 28, 2021

Joseph Smith
I talked to one of the techs the other day who told me we may be hooked up in the next couple weeks in some parts of newbern, is this true?

4:26PM June 28, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Joseph. We still have some construction to complete at the substation before connections are ready to begin. We do not have a timeframe on this completion, yet, but it will most likely take longer than a couple of weeks due to material delays. However, we are still on track to have the registered members connected by the end of the year, or sooner, as we stated in our update earlier this year. We will continue to communicate updates via email and social media as they become available. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect, and look forward to serving you!

7:32AM June 20, 2021

David Cochran
Wanting to watch Formula 1 racing this morning but it will not download. You are beginning to be just like Click One

11:03AM June 20, 2021

Rita Alexander
We’re very sorry, David. We know how frustrating it is and we’ve been working all morning trying to get it working. We believe it’s now back up, but if it’s not… please let us know. You can email me directly at ralexander@gibsonemc.com.

1:08PM June 17, 2021

Bert Smith
Where are the instructions for changing the router password? Thanks

8:45AM June 18, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Bert. To change the password for your internet service, you will need to call our technical support team. They can assist you in making those changes. Please call 731.562.6001 and one of our team members will be glad to help you!