Enter your address

Comments

User Avatar

6:59PM January 19, 2022

Mack P
I hate to ask, but any update on the Fulton Area? And the "Grants" ?

10:59AM January 20, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hi, Mack. Unfortunately, we still do not have an update from the state regarding the status of our grant application. We have reached out to them, but until we hear back we cannot determine the timeline of when construction is set to begin. We will continue to keep our members updated with any changes or news that we receive regarding the both the grant funding and estimated timelines for construction. Thank you for your continued support of Gibson Connect!

4:32PM January 19, 2022

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Antonio. We are still on the right track and we are anticipating that your area will be completed by early spring 2022. There are several variables that could impact our projections such as materials availability, weather, and contractor staffing. Please continue to be patient with us as we work to bring this service to all of our eligible members. We appreciate your support!

3:48PM January 14, 2022

Darius Armstrong
I just would like to know when I will be hooked up I’m always told different things

8:39AM January 18, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hi, Darius. As we mentioned in our last update for you, crews are working throughout the Bells zone and we expect this area to be largely completed this spring. There is still a good bit of work to be done before we begin connections in the area, so we cannot provide you with an exact timeline on when that will take place. There are several variables that can impact construction such as weather, contractor staffing, and materials availability. If there are any major changes to the projections that we currently have for this area, we will communicate it to our members. We appreciate your continued support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

8:02PM January 10, 2022

Robin Hild
Looks like you were right Josh Sanders. Three months later and no progress from my status back on Oct.10. Late winter "completion" date is coming fast. Sarah,,,please tell me my address is scheduled to have an interface box installed on my house with setup soon to follow. Can you be more specific than late winter?

10:54AM January 20, 2022

Sarah Williams
Robin, I am sorry it has taken us a while to get back with you. There have been several moving parts in getting an answer for you, and the rest of the Hop-In/Rives area, as well. After consulting with our management team on the construction status, here is where we are currently. Due to a permitting issue, there is a small section of construction that is having to be done on Highway 216. This is not just fiber construction; Gibson EMC is having to set several new poles, and will run electric service to them, followed by our crews going in and running the fiber service. As of now, we are still on track to have the majority of this area connected by late winter, unless there are any unforeseen issues. The storms at the beginning of December put us about 2-3 weeks behind, but we are working steadily through this area to get it completed. We will continue to monitor the construction and will communicate any updates that could impact this timeframe. We appreciate your continued support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

4:09PM January 12, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hi, Robin. We apologize in the delayed response. I have reached out to our team to get a more precise update for your area. There are a couple of different departments involved, but as soon as we have an answer regarding your location, I will provide you with an update. Thank you for your patience and continued support of Gibson Connect!

6:54PM January 07, 2022

Tony Griffith
Can I upgrade my TV package deal now before I get connected? I think it says bronze and I'd like to have the silver package! An any new update for my area?

3:03PM January 10, 2022

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Tony. Yes, you can upgrade your TV package deal before you get connected. I have informed our Gibson Connect team about your request and they will be giving you a call to verify and also give you an update on your address. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

6:01PM January 05, 2022

Cindy Glisson
Good Evening. I have seen comments asking about South Fulton being completed by end of winter 2022, but do we know when work will be in our area? I have see people with trucks and poles and lines, but wondering when it will be in my specific area.? Wolf Creek Road. Thank you.

8:26AM January 06, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hi, Cindy. At this time, work has begun in the South Fulton zone, but we do not yet have estimates for specific connections. Right now, the majority of the work being done is running of main line fiber; following that, crews will come in and begin placing service drops and then splicing. It will be several weeks before connections are ready to begin. We will continue to update our members here and via our social media page. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

12:04PM January 05, 2022

Chris Caldwell
Sarah Williams 6 Dec 2021 wrote Hi, Chris. I will make sure that our Forestry Department is notified, as well as our Gibson Connect team. If the right- of-way contractors did indeed hit the fiber, we will get a crew out to replace it as quickly as possible. Thank you for letting us know the situation, and thank you for supporting Gibson Connect It has been a month. One of you team member came out and saw the broken fiber and said, like you, it will be fixed soon. Now it has been a month and the fiber is not repaired. Still coming soon?

10:26AM January 13, 2022

Chris Caldwell
Thank you Sarah. Like most here we are anxious to have a real internet connection.

4:52PM January 05, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hi, Chris. We apologize for the delay. We did notify our Forester and our Gibson Connect Fiber Installation Repair Coordinator. The Coordinator also contacted our contracting crew working in that area; and our Forester followed up with the Right-of-Way contractor. Today I checked on the status and was told that we have not repaired it already because the fiber break is not affecting the speed within which we can connect your service or that of our other members. The damage from the December tornadoes have set us back a little and I am told that it will still be a few weeks before connections can begin in the Hop-In area. The repair will be made and it will not affect your connection time. Again, we are sorry and we appreciate your continued support.

6:35PM January 04, 2022

Rose McKinnon
I apologize if this question has already been asked for my area. Do you have an update on the Bells, TN area? I live on Cedar Cove, and someone installed a box on my home the other week. I thought I would just check and see what updates are available for me. Thanks and have a great day!

9:45AM January 05, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hi, Rose. We have crews actively working on both service drops and splicing throughout the Bells zone. The storms in early December put us just a tad bit behind, but as of now, we anticipate connections to begin in the Bells zone within the next 3-4 weeks. Crews are working where they can, so some members will see the NID (small gray box on the home) before the splicing has been done. As soon as we get a confirmation that your location has a light reading, our team will reach out to you and schedule your installation. We appreciate your patience, and your support of Gibson Connect!

7:32PM January 02, 2022

Lisa Nissel
Why do I pay for 1G internet speed, but when I click "Test my Speed" button I am showing only 250mbps download an about 500mbps upload?

10:35AM January 03, 2022

Sarah Williams
Lisa, one of our employees has taken a look at your account, and called the phone number on file to reach out to you. If you would give us a call back at your convenience, we will get you taken care of!

9:43AM December 31, 2021

Amy Paschall
Just checking on connectivity date for Red McCorkle Road in Rives. We currently have box installed on outside of home. Thank you!

8:12AM January 03, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hey, Amy. We are still working throughout the Rives zone to continue splicing fiber, and getting members ready for connection. As of this time, we are still on track to have the majority of this area connected by late winter, so it should not be much longer. Once we receive word that your home has a light reading, our team will reach out and schedule your installation. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

8:56PM December 30, 2021

Jimmy Sturgis
Are there any updates on the South Fulton zone?

8:10AM January 03, 2022

Sarah Williams
Hi, Jimmy. Currently, we have started construction in the South Fulton zone. Our best estimation for this area to be connected would be the end of this winter. There are several variables that could impact our estimation such as the pandemic, weather, material availability, and contractor staffing. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

12:56AM December 28, 2021

Antonio Rodriguez
update on my area please

10:04AM December 28, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Antonio. Your address is a part of the Troy zone, which we anticipate will be completed by early spring 2022. At this time, the Troy zone is under construction. There are several variables that could impact our projections such as materials availability, weather, and contractor staffing. Please continue to be patient with us as we work to bring this service to all of our eligible members. We thank you for your support of Gibson Connect and we look forward to serving you!

6:31PM December 27, 2021

Darryl Dassing
How far along is the work in the Clinton zone? Have grants been made yet to complete the work?

10:11AM December 28, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Darryl. We are still waiting on the results from the grant application that was submitted. As soon as we have an update on the grant or the construction for the Kentucky area, we will be sure to communicate it with our members. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

2:24PM December 21, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Otis. Your address is a part of the Troy zone, which we anticipate will be completed by early spring 2022. Currently, the Troy zone is under construction. There are several variables that could impact our projections such as materials availability, weather, and contractor staffing. Please continue to be patient with us as we work to bring this service to all of our eligible members. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

2:38PM December 15, 2021

Stephen Livingston
Santa came early somewhere near (Alamo) woohooooo!!!!!!!! Fast!!! 3ms ping. Bye Bye Viasat(Exede), you were there when I needed you, slow speeds and all, but you have served your purpose, now be gone wit'yall!! Thank You Merry Christmas!

10:05AM December 12, 2021

Melissa Conner
Any updates on the South Fulton zone area?

3:57PM December 15, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Melissa. Currently, we have started construction in the South Fulton zone. Our best estimation for this area to be connected would be the end of this winter. There are several variables that could impact our estimation such as the pandemic, weather, material availability, and contractor staffing. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect and look forward to serving you!

1:10PM December 08, 2021

Amy Wright
I had someone show up unexpectedly yesterday to install a box. I wasn't even aware Troy was in the works yet. When will it be active? I haven't been finding information or updates anywhere, but I would assume that installation means soon? I also noticed my account says that I "ordered" 250 mbps internet, but I definitely want the 1 Gbps. Does that matter? It's been several years since I registered. I don't remember there being an option.

4:52PM December 08, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Amy. Yes, the Troy zone has been under construction for a few weeks! As of now, we anticipate that the majority of the area will be completed by late winter 2022 (this coming January/February). And yes, you can definitely update your package preference; you can do this now by calling us at 731.562.6001, or you can wait until one of our team members reaches out to schedule your installation once it is ready. Either way, we will make sure you have the option that works best for you. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect, and look forward to serving you soon!

9:01AM December 08, 2021

Destiny Cunningham
What is the hold up for the fulton area?? I keep hearing about a grant but thats been months ago and still no new time frame has been given

10:13PM December 22, 2021

Mack P
correct my self since I can't edit it.... A year ago Fulton would have it late fall 2021 or early winter. Is what I meant by a year ago sorry for confusion.

10:10PM December 22, 2021

Mack P
disappointment is what the hold up is.... think we live in the wrong colored state. a year ago we would have had it or be just a month away, but now we be ________, you can fill in the blank.

4:49PM December 08, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Destiny. We are still waiting on results from the grant application that was submitted. We understand that our members need this service, but we are applying for grant dollars wherever possible. As soon as we have an update on the grant or the construction for the Kentucky area, we will be sure to communicate it with our members. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect!

4:45PM December 04, 2021

Chris Caldwell
The company Gibson Electric hired to trim the tree by the lines just chopped our internet line to the house down today. Do they let you know those things? (It was just run from the pole to box on the house, the lines are not yet working in our area).

8:11AM December 06, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Chris. I will make sure that our Forestry Department is notified, as well as our Gibson Connect team. If the right-of-way contractors did indeed hit the fiber, we will get a crew out to replace it as quickly as possible. Thank you for letting us know the situation, and thank you for supporting Gibson Connect.

10:56AM December 02, 2021

Lisa Moore
I was just wondering how the progress is going on Lanes Ferry Road in Newbern

8:02AM December 03, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Lisa. The Newbern zone is largely completed at this time, but we do still have some remaining locations we are trying to complete. I can see that your service drop has been placed, but the fiber still needs to be spliced before your connection will be ready. Once we have received word that your home has a light reading, our team will be reaching out to schedule your installation. Thank you for your support of Gibson Connect. We look forward to serving you soon!

2:49PM December 01, 2021

Antonio Rodriguez
update on my address please?

8:04AM December 03, 2021

Sarah Williams
Hi, Antonio. Your location is still needing to be spliced before the connection will be ready. We are still actively working throughout the Hop-In/Rives zone, and are on track to have the majority of this zone completed by late winter. As soon as we receive word that your home is ready for connection, our team will be calling you to get it scheduled. We appreciate your support of Gibson Connect, and look forward to serving you soon!

7:01PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
Man, I hope your internet is faster than this website.

8:20AM December 01, 2021

Rita Alexander
Josh, I have asked our tech support team to reach out to you. We apologize that providing access is taking longer than you or we would want, but we're working as quickly as we can to provide you service. Ours is an excellent product and we know you will be pleased with it when we can get you connected.

7:01PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
Man, I hope your internet is faster than this website.

3:51PM November 24, 2021

Tony Griffith
Late winter as of this year for my address? Or 2022? I can't keep going without internet when yall ran lines to my house they cut my spectrum lines an I've been without internet for 4months

8:21AM December 01, 2021

Rita Alexander
Tony, I have asked our tech support team to reach out to you. We apologize that providing access is taking longer than you or we would want, but we're working as quickly as we can to provide you service. Ours is an excellent product and we know you will be pleased with it when we can get you connected.

7:14PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
Call spectrum. I bet they hook you back up faster than you get fiber

4:22PM November 29, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Tony. We plan to connect your area by late February 2022 or sooner. Please understand, however, that there could be a delay due to issues outside of our control (weather, for example). We know how much you need high-speed internet service and we're working to get it to you as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience and we look forward to providing you with excellent service.

6:05PM November 22, 2021

Mack P
Just wondering about he unlucky Fulton Zone residents...."Engineering for the Fulton Zone is expected to begin in the summer of 2021. Next, we’ll order materials and begin the construction process. We expect to begin construction next fall. If all goes as planned, we hope to be connecting our first Fulton Zone members in the late fall of 2021 or early winter of 2022." from Oct 2020.

9:45PM December 03, 2021

Mack P
So if I am understanding you correctly, the price will be more now, than guessing on time,... 4 yrs ago when you quoted the Fulton Area your price if the area hit 100%.

9:21PM November 30, 2021

Josh Sanders
Grant, If I were you, I'd go in my yard and pick up two sticks. Rub them together really hard/fast. You'll have a better chance of getting internet that way than getting GibsonEMC to care about you. Good luck. P.S. you'll want some good gloves.

9:48AM November 24, 2021

Nick Gutierrez
Hi, Mack. Yes, this was the original communication sent out last fall regarding the start of the Fulton zone. However, while high-speed broadband is essential to our rural service area, applying for grants and trying to reduce costs to our members is also important to us. We have applied for grant funding whenever possible. Following the announcement of the broadband grants in Kentucky, we felt that it was in our members' best interest to apply for and try to attain grant dollars for the buildout in our Kentucky area. At this time, we are awaiting results from the state before we move forward. We appreciate your patience and support, and we look forward to serving you.